Office of Academics
Mr. Malcolm X. Outlaw, Chief Academic Officer
This section will be used to post Professional Development (PD) Opportunities. Please adhere to Professional Development Policy and Regulation 3240.
Policy and Regulation Notes:
- Requests for participation in professional development activities must be submitted in writing to the Superintendent or designee (i.e., Principal/Supervisor) for approval to include:
- The date, time, and place of the meeting
- The name and address of the sponsoring organization
- The purpose of the meeting and its anticipated value to the school or district
- Submit PD Flyer or Event Announcement with written request
- Board of Education must approve all travel expenditures
- Professional Development attendees must submit a written report of the PD activity to the Chief Academic Officer within 10 days of PD event to include:
- Primary purpose of PD activity; Meeting content
- Key issues addressed at the PD event; staff member's critique and recommendation for future attendance
- Relevance to improving instruction or operations of the school district
Each PD participant must complete the four part NCR/Carbon transfer Professional Trip Request Form and provide a justification of needs prior to attending the professional development activity. What follows is a sample Justification Form, and a blank Justification Form in Word document format.
Please remember to draft and submit a written report to included the content mentioned in the three (3) bulleted items above.
Professional Development Opportunities: (see the linked Program Flyers below)
Rowan University - College of Graduate & Continuing Education
- Mentor Teacher Training - Oct 9, 2012; Oct 23, 2012 & Apr 11, 2013
- Coping with the Defiant and Disruptive Students in the Classroom - Oct 12, 2012
- Best Practices in Classroom Math Interventions: Grades 3-8 - Nov 2, 2012
- Creating Reclaiming Environments for Students "At-Risk" - Dec 20, 2012 & Mar 19, 2013