Our goal for this year is to have every student attend school every day!
Being present in school has a major impact on a student’s academic success starting as early as Pre-K and continuing through high school. Parents and guardians play a key role in making sure students get to school every day, even when students are older and more independent.
We recognize that some absences can’t be avoided because of medical problems or other circumstances. But we also realize that when students miss too much school for any reason, it can cause them to fall behind academically. Our students are less likely to succeed if he or she is chronically absent. A student is chronically absent if he or she misses just two days every month, including excused and unexcused absences.
We want all of our students to have the best opportunities for academic success. Please make sure your child attends school every day and arrives on time.
Tell us how we can be supportive of you and your children so that they can come to school on time every day. Visit the website of www.attendanceworks.org for more information or tips on helping your students to be successful in school.
Ms. Miles-Wright, Principal
Adapted from www.attendanceworks.org
55II- DRESS AND GROOMING
Section: Pupils Date Created: September, 2007 Date Edited: October, 2008
Dress Code Selection:
Boys: Tan/ Khaki/ Navy Blue: standard slacks or shorts
Girls: Tan/ Khaki/ Navy Blue: Pants, skirts, skorts, shorts and jumper Boys/ Girls: Light Blue: Shirts, Blouse, Golf shirt, and Turtle Necks Sweater/Vests: Solid color/ Navy Blue
Physical Education Day: Solid color navy blue sweat pants, Sweat shirt or "T''-shirt
Appropriate Dress Rules - Pre-K through Grade 8:
All pupils should recognize the need to dress appropriately for school. Clothing that appears to create an improper or disruptive influence on the educational environment will not be tolerated.
The following dress rules will be in effect:
1. No hats, head coverings, or sweatbands are to be worn. (Religious exceptions)
2. No tank tops, halters, open-chest shirts or tops that resemble underwear or are transparent will be tolerated.
3. No long, oversized "T" shirts are to be worn.
4. No blouses, sweaters, or shirts that are worn with a bare midriff will be permitted.
5. Shorts/Skirts/Dresses must be finger-tip length, measured with arms, hands, and fingertips extended on the side of the body.
6. Biker shorts/pants (spandex material) are not permitted.
7. Pants must be worn with the waistbands at the waist. No drooping pants; trousers are to be properly worn at all times while in school.
8. If you wear bib overalls, the straps must be buttoned at all times.
9. Articles of clothing that may have indecent patches, pictures, slogans, or writing may not be worn.
10. No tattered clothing or cut-offs will be permitted.
11. No sandals or open-toed shoes will be permitted.
12. Rings which are designed for more than one finger are not to be worn on school property.
13. Heavy outerwear, overcoats/ jackets are not to be worn in classes during a normal school day.
7:00 PM Reg. Board Mtg.
7:00 PM Reg. Board Mtg.