55II- DRESS AND GROOMING
Section: Pupils Date Created: September, 2007 Date Edited: October, 2008
Dress Code Selection:
Boys: Tan/ Khaki/ Navy Blue: standard slacks or shorts
Girls: Tan/ Khaki/ Navy Blue: Pants, skirts, skorts, shorts and jumper Boys/ Girls: Light Blue: Shirts, Blouse, Golf shirt, and Turtle Necks Sweater/Vests: Solid color/ Navy Blue
Physical Education Day: Solid color navy blue sweat pants, Sweat shirt or "T''-shirt
Appropriate Dress Rules - Pre-K through Grade 8:
All pupils should recognize the need to dress appropriately for school. Clothing that appears to create an improper or disruptive influence on the educational environment will not be tolerated.
The following dress rules will be in effect:
1. No hats, head coverings, or sweatbands are to be worn. (Religious exceptions)
2. No tank tops, halters, open-chest shirts or tops that resemble underwear or are transparent will be tolerated.
3. No long, oversized "T" shirts are to be worn.
4. No blouses, sweaters, or shirts that are worn with a bare midriff will be permitted.
5. Shorts/Skirts/Dresses must be finger-tip length, measured with arms, hands, and fingertips extended on the side of the body.
6. Biker shorts/pants (spandex material) are not permitted.
7. Pants must be worn with the waistbands at the waist. No drooping pants; trousers are to be properly worn at all times while in school.
8. If you wear bib overalls, the straps must be buttoned at all times.
9. Articles of clothing that may have indecent patches, pictures, slogans, or writing may not be worn.
10. No tattered clothing or cut-offs will be permitted.
11. No sandals or open-toed shoes will be permitted.
12. Rings which are designed for more than one finger are not to be worn on school property.
13. Heavy outerwear, overcoats/ jackets are not to be worn in classes during a normal school day.