Please click on the link below to access the 2021-2022 Dress Code for the Willingboro Public Schools.
The benefits of a Dress Code are as follows:
- A dress code promotes a more serious school atmosphere that emphasizes academics and promotes good behavior.
- Dress codes have proven to increase student achievement by encouraging students to concentrate more on their studies and less on their wardrobe.
- Dress codes in school settings reduce social conflict and peer pressure that may be associated with appearance.
- Studies indicate that a school dress code can reduce the prevalence of certain behaviors which are often expressed through wardrobe.
- As opposed to uniforms, dress codes still allow students to wear what they want, which leaves students with a sense of choice and expression.
The district is currently working with local clothing stores to encourage them to stock items listed on the attached Dress Code. As each local clothing store confirms that the items will be stocked, I will advise parents/guardians.
Please contact your building principal if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you and enjoy the remainder of your summer.
Dr. Neely Hackett
Superintendent of Schools