Flyer Approval Guidelines
Non-profit and community groups are permitted to send flyers home with students in accordance with Board Policies and district guidelines. The requesting organization must go through a request process and must print its own flyers. Organizations should wait for approval before printing any flyers as changes may be required to conform to district policies and guidelines.
Effective January 11, 2010, the below guidelines must be followed:
- Because of the overwhelming number of request for flyer distribution, flyers must be submitted 2 weeks before the distribution date. Please allow 5 business days for review of your flyer.
- Flyers must be submitted for approval to the Superintendent's Office via:
- Email Lyn Hutton, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent at email@example.com
- In person to the Country Club Administration Building, 440 Beverly-Rancocas Road, Willingboro, NJ
- Flyers from non-profit organizations, city/county offices, government entities, community clubs and organizations informing students and parents/guardians of cultural, educational, or recreational activities sponsored by the organization may be submitted for review and approval by the Superintendent of Schools. The organization's non-profit letter (IRS 501C) is required when submitting a flyer for approval for the first time.
- The flyer must be educational in nature, supporting the educational mission of Willingboro Public Schools and/or benefiting the population of Willingboro Public Schools in a positive manner. Materials for distribution must not promote any commercial, religious or political interest/organization.
- All flyers to be distributed shall bear the name and contact of the sponsoring entity.
- If the function on the flyer is taking place at a school or district facility (i.e.. multi-purpose room, classroom or gym), prior approval must be obtained from the Facilities Department. A copy of the approved "Use of Facilities" form must accompany the flyer submitted for approval. Additional time for the use of facilities approval is not counted as part of the flyer approval process.
- The original version of the flyer must be submitted for approval. Once the flyer has been approved and if it is approved for distribution, it will be stamped with an approval stamp. ALL FLYERS DISTRIBUTED MUST BE APPROVED AND STAMPED. Schools will not accept flyers without the approval stamp. No additional information or changes can be made to an approved flyer.
- Flyers for school fundraisers must be submitted by the school or department holding the fundraiser. Flyers from businesses pledging to make donations to schools will no longer be accepted unless they are submitted by a school as part of a specific fundraiser.
- Distribution and printing or copying is your responsibility. Flyers are to be packaged in bundles of 20 or 35. Please contact the schools for a breakdown of how many of each bundle must be distributed to the schools upon request.
- Approval of your flyer does not imply district endorsement of any identified product or service.
Flyers will not be approved unless they have met the above-mentioned criteria.