WILLINGBORO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
High School Graduation Requirements
Students must successfully complete 120 credits in Grades 9 – 12 to receive a high school diploma.
The Willingboro Board of Education and the State of New Jersey require the following courses as part of the 120 credits:
- English 9, 10, 11, 12
- Three years of Social Studies:
- World History/Cultures, United States History I and United States History II
- Three years of Mathematics: Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II
- Three years of Science
- One year of Visual, Performing, and/or Practical Arts.
- One year of World Languages. Recommend two years of World Languages for college bound students.
- Four years of Physical Education/Health/Safety/Drivers’ Education
- One year credit of career exploration and development
- Demonstrated proficiency in all sections of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA), and/or the Alternate High School Assessment (AHSA).
- 2.5 Credits of Economics or Personal Finance (as of the Fall 2011)
Students must fulfill all New Jersey State Department of Education requirements, which are subject to change.
Minimum Requirements for Grade Level Assignment
Students must meet the following credit requirements for grade level assignment:
- 10th Grade (Sophomore) 25 Credits
- 11th Grade (Junior) 55 Credits
- 12th Grade (Senior) 85 Credits