Family Medical Leave of Absence

When applying for a Family Medical Leave of Absences you must follow the following steps:

  1. Complete the "Request for Leave of Absence Form."
  2. You must have your Physician complete the "Certification of Health Care Provider Form."
  3. Return both documents to the HR Department so that it can be presented for Physician and Board Approval/disapproval. All Leave requests must be board approved prior to your requested Leave of Absence begin date.
  4. If you need to change or extend Leave you must complete the "Request for Change of Approved Leave of Absence Form" as well as another “Certification of Health Care Provider Form” to be completed by the treating Physician at least (10) days prior to the end leave date.
  5. When you return to work you must report to the HR Department prior to reporting to work to complete the "Return from Leave of Absence Form" and present clearance from the treating Physician.
  6. If you choose to take Leave without Pay you will be responsible for paying your portion of your health benefits at the beginning of each month. If you are on Leave after 12-weeks without pay you will be responsible for the full amount of benefits.  The district will no longer pay a portion.
Unpaid Extended Leave of Absence (WEA Members Only)

“Leave of absences without pay up to one year shall be granted to all until member with three (3) or more years of continuous service within the district for the purpose of caring for a sick member of the employee’s family or medical reasons of the unit member. Additional leave beyond such year may be granted to the employee at the discretion of the Board.”

Maternity Leave/Child Rearing Leave

“Any employee seeking a leave of absence for reasons associated with pregnancy shall file a written request for such leave with the Superintendent at least thirty (30) days in advance of the date on which said employee proposes to return.”