As we continue our preparations to begin the 2020-2021 school year with virtual learning, we will be collecting and distributing devices beginning next week. Please review the following information regarding collection, distribution, and account passwords:
Device Pickup Location: Memorial Middle School, 451 Van Sciver Parkway
Enter the campus from the left side of the building and proceed towards the back. You will remain in your car when you reach the distribution point. Do not enter the building.
A Willingboro email account is required to use a district chromebook. Your child's email and temporary password will be available in Genesis and can be used beginning on Wednesday, September 2nd. If your child already has an account, they can continue using their current password until September 2nd, but it will be reset as well. Once you sign in with the temporary password, the password can be changed.
In order for students to receive the device:
- You will need to complete the Acceptable Usage Policy in Genesis. Please log into the Genesis Parent Portal at https://parents.genesisedu.com/willingboro/. You will need to sign the Acceptable Usage Policy form in Genesis for every child you have in the school district. This will be available beginning on Monday, August 24.
- The listed parent or guardian must show a photo ID when picking up the device. If the parent or guardian is not available, a listed emergency contact may be able to pick up the device instead; an email must be sent to email@example.com in advance from the parent/guardian email listing the name and address of the person that will pick up the device for their child.
- If your child is entering 1st grade, and they previously received a Chrome tablet, you must return that device in order to pick up a Chromebook. Students entering 1st grade will not be able to keep their tablet for the upcoming year.
After you receive your device:
Once you receive your Chromebook, please allow an initial charging time of 6 to 8 hours to ensure your device has a full battery. This is considered a best practice to get the most out of your Chromebook.
If you already have a device:
All you need to do is complete the Acceptable Usage Policy in Genesis. You do not need to drop off your current device or pick up a new one. If the device is broken or not working, please complete THIS FORM and continue reading below. If there is evidence that your child's device was deliberately damaged, you will be required to pay for the device prior to receiving a new one.
Device Distribution Dates:
- All students going into Pre-K 3: Monday, August 31 between 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- All students going into Pre-K 4 or Kindergarten: Friday, August 28 between 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- All students going into 1st Grade: Thursday, August 27 between 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- All other students (Grades 2-8): Monday, August 31 between 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- All Willingboro High School and Alternative Program students: Tuesday, September 1 between 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- If you cannot pick up your device on your assigned date, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an alternate pickup date.
Please feel free to contact Phillip Crisostomo, Supervisor of Instructional Technology & Data Analysis, with any questions at email@example.com or 609-835-8600 x1007.